Last Updated on November 19, 2021 by Randall
Universal remote controls can be used to control a wide range of devices. The options for regulating technology are practically limitless, from television to streaming gadgets. However, utilizing a remote code isn’t always required; you may configure and set up your universal remote without one. To set up and program a universal remote without codes, follow the instructions below.
These codes may be found in the database of universal remotes, which can then be synced with other devices like DVD players or VCRs. Of course, depending on the gadget kind and manufacturer, you may always look up the codes online.
Nowadays, most devices, such as televisions, cable boxes, DVRs, DVD players, and music players, come with remote controls. As a result, it’s quite simple to lose track of which remote controls which gadget. A GE 4 device universal remote is a gadget that can turn on and operate any device or piece of equipment in your home. Let’s look at how to program a universal remote to television without using any codes.
Do I need a universal remote control for programming a GE universal remote to a TV?
When programming a remote control for a television, we do need a universal remote code, but what I’m going to show you here is the auto code search method of GE universal remote control programming, so you don’t have to enter a remote code directly with the remote buttons; instead, the remote will search for the remote code and set it to work with your television. This approach works with all TV brands, including Sanyo, Samsung, and Sony.
How To Program GE Universal Remote To A TV Without Codes?
You may either manually enter the codes or use the GE remote codes search tool or the brand code search technique to configure the GE universal remote. Here’s how to do it:
Program a GE Universal Remote by Direct Entering the Codes Method
- To read the model number and label, you must first remove the battery cover and batteries. Many websites, such as Jasco, include the GE universal remote code list for your remote model.
- Turn the device “ON” by entering the appropriate code from the GE universal remote codes list below (TV, DVD player, DVR, etc.).
- For a few seconds, hold down the “Setup” button until the indicator light becomes “RED.” Select a parallel device, such as “TV,” “DVD,” or “AUX,” and press the button.
- Please enter the code ( It can be either 3-digits or 4-digits). The indicator light will turn “OFF” if the code entered is accurate.
- Activate the “POWER” button. You’ve successfully programmed the gadget into the remote control if it turns “OFF.”
How to Program A Universal Remote to a TV Without Codes Using the Automatic GE Remote Codes Search Method
If you don’t know the precise code for the brand or kind of equipment you want to manage, you can utilize the automated code search. The GE universal remote can verify many codes at once by scanning the whole remote code list in its database. Using the automated search approach, follow the instructions for GE Universal Remote setup without a code.
- To begin, locate the version of your GE programmable remote and switch “ON” your television or other device to be controlled.
- Press and hold the “SETUP” button for a few seconds before selecting an other device (TV, DVD, etc.).
- To turn the gadget “OFF,” press the “POWER” button.
- Note: If you’re programming a DVD player with a V2, V3, or V4 remote, hit “PLAY” and wait for the device to start playing.
- Press the “POWER/PLAY” button again after 2 seconds. The gadget will be switched off.
- To lock the code, press the “ENTER/ OK” button on the remote. If you’ve input the code correctly, the indicator light will turn “OFF.”
How to Program a GE Universal Remote Using the Brand Code Search Method
- Turn the gadget you wish to manage “ON” (TV, VCR, DVD, DVR, satellite receiver, or cable box).
- From the list included with your GE universal remote instructions, look up the “Brand Code.”
- To program a device, use the “DEVICE” button (TV, DVD, etc). Hold down the button until the light goes on and stays on.
- Hold down the “POWER” button. The power button will be illuminated. Release the “POWER” and “DEVICE” buttons at the same time. The light on the device’s button will remain on.
- First, use the dial-pad on the remote to input the “CODE” of the brand you’re looking for. The device button’s light will remain on.
- Repeat pressing and releasing the “Power” button until the gadget turns “OFF.” The GE remote control codes received the right code if the device turned off.
- To store the code, press the “STOP” button on your ge remote, and the light will turn “OFF” in the meanwhile.
If your device does not turn “OFF” and the light continues to flash, it signifies you have used the GE universal remote control codes for that brand numerous times. You will need to use another GE universal remote to configure your TV without codes.
The benefit of GE Auto code search programming
If you are unfamiliar with remote control programming, it might be a little unpleasant to program a GE universal remote or any other universal remote control with your television using the direct code entry approach. Although you may read the programming instructions and follow the exact steps to program a GE universal remote, GE auto programming tv a TV is considerably more straightforward.
One of the many advantages of GE auto code search programming is that you won’t have to look for a universal remote code for your device that works with GE remote. And, if you need to discover the proper remote code, some of them may not function due to incompatibilities in the device model and remote control version. When you program a GE universal remote control to a TV, you will eliminate all of these concerns.
Why Your GE Remote Can’t program to a TV without code
Your GE universal remote control may not be able to program without a code if it is too old. So, for auto programming with your television, you should get a new Model GE universal remote control. Even so, you may adapt your old GE universal remote control to operate with your television by manually entering universal remote codes.
I hope this post has made it easier for you to configure a GE universal remote to your television. You may program any TV brand in the globe, including Sanyo, Samsung, Sony, LG, Panasonic, JVC, and others. If the automatic code search techniques fail, attempt the code entering approach to use the GE remote with the television and get experience programming a universal remote control.