Last Updated on April 30, 2023 by Randall
On Fire TV, YouTube TV can occasionally cause issues. You might get a “Can’t connect” notice, or the app might break while you’re streaming. Whether the issue is with YouTube TV or the Fire Stick, rebooting it will most likely solve it.
In this blog post, I’ll teach you how to fix YouTube not working on Fire TV Stick using the most up-to-date approaches. This includes difficulties such as black screens, buffering, flickering, and restarting, among others.
The YouTube app getting stuck is the most common cause of YouTube not working on Fire TV Stick. Go to Fire TV Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Force Stop to force a YouTube restart. This will totally stop the app and allow you to restart it. Check your Internet connection if this doesn’t work.
If none of these solutions work, it’s possible that something else is at fault. Continue reading to learn how to troubleshoot the most frequent difficulties step by step.
Why Is My YouTube TV Not Loading?
YouTube TV has error messages for specific issues, such as using the service on too many devices, but it can also stop working for no apparent reason. Intermittent freezing or crashing could be caused by Wi-Fi interference or issues with cached data processing. Although you may not be able to tell what caused YouTube TV to stop operating on your Fire TV, most issues can be resolved by resetting the app or the device.
After a long day of work at home or at the office, do you prefer viewing your favorite YouTube channels on your Fire Stick?
I’m sure I do. In fact, I now watch YouTube more than network television or even Netflix.
What do you do, though, if you get a nagging “buffering” screen? What happens if YouTube (gasp) stops operating on your Firestick entirely?
In this essay, I’ll show you how to quickly and easily resolve these issues so you can return to YouTube pleasure.
See also: Best remote for Youtube Tv
The most common types of errors you may encounter
- Playability issues include black screens, video buffering, and the inability to start a video.
- Lip desync (the YouTuber’s speech is out of sync with his or her mouth movement), no sound at all, and poor loudness are all issues with the audio.
- YouTube application errors: The program closes suddenly because it is unable to start up at all.
- Skipping, low frame rate, and low resolution are all visual concerns.
If you can’t locate YouTube on your Amazon Fire Stick, it’s possible that your device is first-generation and doesn’t support YouTube. YouTube is now available on most Fire TV devices, according to a court settlement between Google and Amazon.
1. Check your internet connectivity/network status
- Examine whether your phone or other devices connected to your Wi-Fi network are displaying any indicators of being harmed by your internet connection.
- If you’ve determined that the issue is with your internet, you may need to reset your router. This can be accomplished by unplugging your router for 30 seconds and then reconnecting it.
- I also recommend directly connecting an Ethernet cable to your TV (if possible). This will make the connection faster and more secure.
If you’ve reset your router and are still having problems with networking, I recommend calling your internet provider right away.
2. Make sure your fire stick is up to date
Updating the software on your Fire Stick is critical to ensure that your system operates smoothly. It not only prevents programs from crashing, but it also improves network stability when using your device.
- Select My TV from the Settings menu.
- After that, choose About. You will be able to see the selections. Updates should be checked for and installed.
3. Restart your amazon fire stick
Restarting your Firestick is another option. For many users on the Fire TV subreddit, this has resolved strange YouTube issues with the Fire TV Stick.
- The simplest method is to unplug the adapter for 10 seconds before plugging it back in.
- Going into the device’s settings, selecting My Fire TV, and then selecting Restart is another way to restart your Amazon Fire Stick.
4. Force stop, clear data, or clear the cache of the youtube app
Check to see if the YouTube app requires any attention. Force Stop, Clear Data, and Clear Cache are all options available in the application settings on your Fire Stick.
- Force Stop — Forces the app to shut down fully before allowing you to restart it. This is perfect for instances where you need to buffer. This is quite likely to solve your problem.
- Clear Data — Deletes the app’s login information and other data. This can be utilized if you’re getting strange issues when trying to log in.
- Clear Cache — This clears any cached files on the Fire Stick that the program needs to function, such as local copies of films, thumbnail photos, and so on.
5. Uninstall and reinstall the youtube app
If none of the above procedures have worked, consider deleting and then reinstalling the YouTube application.
To delete and reinstall the YouTube app, follow these steps.
- To manage installed applications, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications.
- Uninstall is the option to choose.
- Select YouTube in the Appstore (Settings > Appstore) and reinstall it.
6. Factory reset your fire stick
If all other options have been tried, try the following to reset your Fire TV Stick:
Any adjustments you’ve made to your Fire Stick since purchasing it will be lost. All of your downloaded material, accounts, saved settings, and in-app purchases will be erased if you reset your Fire Stick to factory settings.
- Go to your Fire TV’s Settings and scroll down until you see My Fire TV. (If your device is older, it will be labeled Device or System.)
- Go to Reset to Factory Defaults after clicking on My Fire TV.
- Select Reset from the drop-down menu.
How do I get help with a faulty fire stick?
If you’ve done everything and still can’t get YouTube to work, or if you’re having other Fire Stick issues, you may have a faulty Firestick. For assistance, contact Amazon’s Fire TV Stick Support.
How do I know if youtube servers are active?
Websites like “Downdetector” and “Isitdownrightnow” can be used to verify YouTube’s servers. These websites keep track of various server statuses and compile reports that inform users whether a site is up and operating.
What is Amazon fire tv’s internet speed requirement?
There is no requirement for internet speed. The developers, on the other hand, have made suggestions. These suggestions can vary depending on what you’re looking to stream. It is advised that you have an internet connection of five megabits per second if you are trying to stream high-definition videos. If you want to stream in normal definition, you only need a three-megabit-per-second internet connection.
These are the steps to take if you’re having trouble accessing the YouTube app on your Firestick. If the problem remains after attempting these methods, contact Amazon customer service, or you may need to replace the device with a new one to resolve the problem.